I am part of ENRICH class and enjoy having a pastoral focus where life skills are a high priority. We are able to take an holistic approach which is perfect for my skill set.
I have a higher education qualification –Theatre Arts 2:1 from University of Derby (2010) with a further 3 years experience in acting as a profession including acting abroad teaching English as a foreign language. I achieved HLTA status in September 2018. I have previously worked with children in refuge where I completed training around neglect, domestic violence, anxiety and children’s mental health. I’m very creative and in my spare time I enjoy singing and drawing and will always try and find time to do them every day.
I have completed short courses in:
- Ruth Miskin Training of Read Write Inc. (2 day course in Sept 2014)
- Introductory course on DIR Model and Floortime intervention (JUNE 2015 CTC Autism ltd)
- Domestic Violence: Understanding the impact of domestic violence and abuse on children. (JAN 2016 BSCB)
- Module 1: Childhood neglect – recognition and multi agency response (JAN 2016 BSCB)
- Module 2: Childhood neglect – assessment, analysis, planning, intervention and review. (Feb 2016 BSCB)
- FGM Awareness raising (FEB 2016 BSCB
- Anxiety – Understanding and working with anxiety (FEB 2016 – BCDA)
- The impact of mental health on parenting (JULY 2016 TLDS)
I also have general training of health and safety, moving and handling, safeguarding and first aid.