Why we are outstanding
Here are just a few of the reasons we are outstanding:
Epinay Business and Enterprise School is an Outstanding school. Ofsted 2018
- Covid Risk Assessment used by South Tyneside Council as best practice. April 2020
100% of year 11 and 13 leavers had positive destination routes identified, Epinay’s sixth form has doubled in size due to demand from parents, this has ensured year 11 leavers have successful next steps.
100% of the year 11 students achieved an Entry Level Certificate in Maths and English. All 10 achieved at least 5 Entry Level qualifications including Maths and English, this exceeds the previous 2 years which is outstanding.
- We work with a range of external professional to enhance the curriculum and support our pupils.
- Winner Team of the Year at the South Tyneside Staff Awards, March 2019
- Winner of an Education Award at the North East Disability Sports Awards, March 2019
- Member of the Wanderers Sports Association, 3rd place for Outstanding Group Award at the North East Disability Sports Awards, March 2019
- Chair and Vice Chair of Governors have completed the GovernorSpace Governance and Leadership Programme, February 2019
- ESafe Certified
- Eco-Schools Award, 2019
- Teaching and Learning is outstanding, Ofsted 2018
- Our students make fantastic achievements and leave with an array of qualifications. Our results this year were incredible! Ofsted 2018
- Our creative curriculum is engaging, our forest school, enrichment opportunities and extended schools program are tailor made to meet student need. Ofsted 2018
- Gold – Schools Games Mark 2018-19
- Beverley Scanlon, Head of Learning and Early Help, said “the children are wonderful – and inspirational. I was also impressed that you have a strong curriculum offer which builds upon the interests and talents of the children” September 2017.
- Basic Skills Quality Mark for Primary Schools. Alliance for Lifelong Learning, reviewed Nov 2019
- Basic Skills Quality Mark for Secondary Schools. Alliance for Lifelong Learning, reviewed Nov 2019
- Member of South Tyneside Admin Representatives for Schools (STARS) forum, since January 2018
- Gold – Green Trees Schools Award with The Woodland Trust, September 2017.
- School Improvement Advisers Outstanding report, Summer 2017